To comply with the statutory obligations in the administration of elections and voter registration and to conduct elections in Allegany County that will protect the fundamental rights of citizens in a Democracy.
In support of this mission, we are committed to:
- Serving as an agent for the federal and state government to fulfill mandated programs
- Providing easy access for voter registration
- Conducting fair and honest elections
- Encouraging citizen awareness of, and participation in, the election process
- Utilizing community resources as a vehicle for publicity and voter education
Please Contact Us With Questions
Contact the Office at 301-777-5931 for information on the following:
- Casting Your Vote - Polling places hours, locations, sample ballots and how to vote by absentee ballot
- Changing of Address and Party Affiliation
- Precinct Maps
- Registering to Vote - Requirements to register, deadlines
- Voter Registration Applications
- Voter Registration Statistics
Deadline to request a 2018 Primary Election absentee ballot for mail delivery is June 19. Deadline to request an absentee ballot for the primary election for online delivery is June 22. Any registered voter in MD may request & vote by absentee ballot. Read on...
Eligible MD residents can register to vote & registered voters can make address changes during early voting. If all of the requirements are met, the voter can complete or update registration, mark, & tabulate his/her ballot at the early voting center. Read on...
Visit the State Board of Elections' website for information about the Democratic candidates for Governor. Additional Info...