Schedule a Trip
Call Alltrans at 301-724-1255 between 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, at least one business day before your appointment time (reservations are accepted up to 14 days in advance). Hearing-impaired customers can use the Maryland Relay System, 711, to contact Alltrans to schedule a trip.
Information Needed to Schedule Your Trip
When you call to schedule your trip, please be prepared to give the dispatcher the following information:
- Your name
- Your daytime telephone number and a telephone number where you can be reached at least 60 minutes prior to travel time
- The date on which you would like to make the trip
- Where and when you would like to be picked up
- Where and when you need to be dropped off
- The time you wish to return, if a return trip is needed
- Special assistance needed or other considerations (for example, if you use a wheelchair or travel with a PCA or service animal)
- Whether or not an additional companion will be traveling with you
Trips will not be scheduled until complete trip information is received. Your trip may be scheduled up to one hour (60 minutes) earlier or one hour (60 minutes) later than your requested pick-up time or drop-off time in order to serve as many people as possible and use our vehicles in the most efficient manner. The dispatcher will schedule your trip and let you know when you should be ready to be picked up.
If you live outside of Allegany County Transit's service area, once you reach a destination within the service area and three-fourths of a mile from a fixed route you can use our service.