Online Sales & Telework Grant
Reopened for Part 2 Funding thru November 12, 2021
Maryland Relief Act 2021 - Allegany County Online Sales / Telework Grant
No single business may receive more than $5,000 of Grant Funds in grant funding under the Program.
The County Commissioners of Allegany County, Maryland recognizes the distressing economic impact COVID-19 continues to have on businesses. The Maryland Relief Act of 2021 provided funding for Online Sales and Telework to assist businesses in setting up an online sales framework and offering employees telework opportunities and will be dispersed through the County Economic and Tourism Development Department.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS AND APPLICATION GUIDELINES
DEADLINE: November 12, 2021
ELIGIBILITY FOR BUSINESSES
- Must be located in Allegany County and currently in operation.
- Established prior to March 9, 2020.
- Must be registered and in good standing in the State of Maryland.
- Priority will be given to businesses that have NOT received COVID-19 Business Relief Grant from the State of Maryland.
- Must not be delinquent on any taxes.
- Limited to organizations with 20 employees or less, excluding the owner.
- Must be used for expenses incurred after March 1, 2020.
Excluded business operations include real estate investment firms, firms involved in speculative activities, dealers of rare coins and stamps, firms involved in lending activities, pyramid sales plans, firms involved in illegal activities, gambling activities, charitable institutions other than 501(c)3 organizations, government-owned corporations, consumer and marketing cooperatives, and churches and organizations promoting religious objectives.
Use of funds include:
- Expenses incurred to establish or expand online sales or
- Expenses to provide telework
- Expenses incurred after March 1, 2020.
Information Required to Complete this Application:
- Federal Tax ID # (EIN)
- Contact Information
- Business Mailing and Physical Address
- Number of Employees
- Completed W-9 & Demographic Forms
- Documentation/Explanation to Demonstrate the Need for Assistance