How to Ride the Bus
Getting On & Off at Bus Stops
- Be visible at stops so the bus driver can see you waiting.
- For faster service, please have your exact fare ready as you board the bus because our drivers do not carry change.
- Please be at your bus stop at least five minutes before the bus is scheduled to arrive.
- Signal the bus driver to stop and to allow you to board. Whenever possible, please wait at one of our bus stop signs.
- You may also request that the driver stop at any corner along the route. Please let your driver know that you want off at least 1 full block ahead of your stop by using the Stop Requested Pull Cord.
- You may board our buses at any corner along any of our routes provided that the driver can make a safe stop.
While On Board
- Allow all passengers to exit the vehicle before you attempt to board.
- Have your fare ready.
- Please do not talk to the driver while the bus is in service, and remain seated while the bus is in motion.
- Safety is an ACT priority.
- Seat belts are required on all passengers while riding ACT vehicles!
- Specialized seating area behind the driver must be made available to the elderly and disabled.
Exiting the Bus
- As the bus enters the block where you wish to exit, pull the cord or touch the yellow strip along the insides of the bus to signal the driver to stop at the next bus stop or intersection.
- If the stop is unsafe or is not permitted under our flag stop policy, the driver will stop at the next safe location.
- Wait until the bus comes to a complete stop before removing your seatbelt and moving about the vehicle.
- You may exit to the front of the vehicle.