- Emergency Services
We need you! Volunteer emergency services providers are always wanted. To get started, complete our Online Volunteer Interest Form.
- At least 18 years old. Some companies have members younger than 18, but you need to check with the company you are interested in to make sure.
- Willing to serve your fellow citizens as a firefighter or emergency medical services provider.
- Allegany County emergency service companies could be for you!
- Interested applicants will complete and submit an application form.
- Upon approval you will be placed on a probationary period, during which your free local training can begin.
Free local training is provided by Maryland Fire and Rescue Institute (must be a member of a local department). Basic training courses include Firefighter I and/or Emergency Medical Technician.
Ways to Volunteer
Whether you want to be on the front lines or help in the background organizing programs, fundraising and maintaining the high level of service provided by our departments, we've got the opportunity for you!
What You Get
Besides being a member of a volunteer fire or Emergency Medical Services (EMS) department, there are numerous benefits to being a volunteer. Among them:
- Free training in firefighting, emergency medicine and related courses
- Length of Service Awards Program - Retirement benefits/program
- Sense of dedication to the community and becoming a valuable link in the volunteer chain
- Tax Break- $7,000 tax credit for Maryland residents
- Many other benefits. Just ask our members!
So now you’ve decided you want to be a volunteer, or already are, and want to join the fire or EMS Company. What do you do? Complete our Online Interest Form, or stop by your local department to discuss membership opportunities.